Thursday, December 27, 2007

Homecoming Hangover II

This past weekend was Homecoming at Minnesota State so I made the hour drive on Friday with Matt and Carrie to take part in the festivities. We got down there at about 7:30pm and started drinking at 7:35pm. After a few beers we headed out to the bars in exciting downtown Mankato Minnesota. I should have realized that I was working on little sleep and little food and that might contribute to how quickly I get drunk. Sure enough I got drunk in a hurry then before I knew it I was wasted.

How wasted you ask? Well, apparently I bet $20 that I could beat some chick (whom I had just met) at H-O-R-S-E. This was after I had almost gotten punched in the face because I was unaware I was standing between two people who thought it was necessary to fight over the unattractive girl that was standing behind me. Which really didn't make any sense because whoever won would have to go home with an ugly chick. I, on the other hand, ended up passing out in a room with a rabbit.

Matt and I woke up at 9 to start drinking again. We thought about goin to the game until we remembered that it was being played by two mediocre division II schools. That didn't stop people from getting excited about it and honking their car horns at me while I sat in the front yard eating a waffle and drinking a beer. So we went to the bar to watch the Gophs on TV. Right in the middle of their pitiful game Matt comes out of no where with a pitcher of long island ice tea. Apparently the bar ran out of CO2 so they couldn't use their taps....on the busiest day of the year. After the inevitable gopher letdown we went back to exciting downtown Mankato. Where I managed to get more free beer than I needed and got into a conversation with a 75 year man named Liam who was at the bar because he "likes watching the young ladies". So, I bought him a beer and he taught me a few things about life as we both watched the young ladies. I said my farwells and we ended up going back to our friends house. Carrie got her weekly drunken dramatics out of the way and we go in and passout. I just happen to do it in a room with a rabbit.

I think the rabbit took a shit in my mouth at some point of the night because I had the worst taste when I woke up or maybe it was the booze. Anyway, we wake up, go get my car out of impound and head home. Or at least Carrie and Matt went home. I had to go straight to work in the same clothes I've been wearing for two days looking like absolute hell and 10 minutes late. All in all I think everyone had a pretty good time....even the rabbit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home